Monday, August 3, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blog

I have decided to recommit myself to this blog after a year away from it.

There are two main reasons that I neglect this poor blog- the first is that I've been blogging for the company I work for and I often lack the energy at the end of the day to blog here. So I will do my best to avoid letting Work prevent me from sharing here from now on.

The second is that now and then I feel like a total hack. My very motivation for starting this blog is what occasionally keeps me from feeling qualified to post on it: I am one of many women that has an ongoing struggle against the effects of growing up in a culture that is obsessed with beauty, youth, and bodily perfection at any cost to our health and happiness. I sometimes think "How can I possibly share advice with women like myself while I frequently fail to practice what I preach when it comes to self-acceptance?" But my goal is to write the kind of blog that I need to read as I can only assume that there are countless girls and women (and guys too!) who feel the same way I do.

Soooo...

Regular posts are on their way. Any requests for content related to products, recipes, wellness, herbs, etc? Send them to me in an email or comment.

No comments: